Hey to MH, who sees my cute little granddaughter everyday. Isn't she cute? They are all cute granddaughters, but we are talking about Shawneen. I have no excuse for not blogging, except that intimidation abounds when it comes to the computer.
We(mostly Steve) and I are remodeling the bathroom which I think is the best idea I have had in years, but it has proven itself to be a huge job. I think it would be easier to build a new house than remodel in an existing older home. But we are nearing the end, and have had a good time seeing the slow progress. Now the rest of the house will need updating also, but that will come with more time and money. I will post some pictures when I get them off of my camera, but I have also a new laundry room, so that when I grow older and slower, I will not have to go the 14 steps downstairs to the deep, dark, dreary basement to do laundry. It is adjoining the new bathroom and is wonderful. I have painted and swapped and swapped again the stuff in the room, but it is awesome to have a laundry room very close. It is a little noisier than being downstairs, and the washer walks across the room, but we are getting that fixed, and it will be very productive.
Since I blogged last in July, I have a new calling in the ward, get this, the nursery leader along with my good friend Kris H. Today, we had eight two year olds, and it ended up that good ole Grandma Lane was the lucky person to help me, as Kris was gone. It was quite the day, and believe me, I know when the 2hours are up because I am a little weary. We had to buy door guards for the two doors, because of my dear sweet granddaughter, Lexi, who was continually opening the door and running for all her might . It showed me how slow I have become in chasing children.
I am sure everyone (at least those I talk to ) are aware of my first two little grandsons on the way, coming as a twosome.....thanks to Becky and Joey. I am excited to get to know the first boys on my side of the family!! I have started doing some sewing for the little boys, and have not yet begun to get all done that I would like.....
Updates on my Children...Kale and Dani are still working in the food industry. Successful hunters also. I don;t see them as much as I'd like, but they are really busy.
Amy and Riley are busy as usual. Amy has her work cut out for her. One of the first big words that Amy learned when she was little, was whippersnapper, and I have a feeling that is what Riley is going to be.
Nate and April are busy, and so is Emma. She is 31/2 now and goes to daycare some and to preschool also. She has this darling deep voice, and a beautiful little laugh. I see Nate everyday that I am at work, as he works at the hospital as the IT director, (which means Information Technology) and is always hounded by people at work who don't communicate well with computers. When the time clock goes down, or the business office has a brain cramp or the telephones don;t work properly, or a million other things, they call for Nate, and he seems to get the job done. April is busy with her dance classes, and also working part time at one of the flower shops here in town.
Nic and Sara stay busy, Nic working at construction, and Sara working at the bank. Ambrie is the cutest LITTLE girl . She is very petite and very quiet. I have a feeling she isn;t going to be that way for long. She is 16 months now, and of course all over the place. And we can;t forget the dog, River. She is having puppies about Halloween time. Fun for them.........
Keith and Jamie are as busy as can be. Keith works at maintenance on the Railroad. He has decent hours, and usually gets home in time to help Jamie who has been doing Nails all day long. She is quite busy with clients, and does a good job. I know, just look at my hands. Their girls, Hallee and Alexis are the two busiest little ones around. They are never still, and have plenty to say, just ask. They also are adorable little drama queens, and nothing gets past them.
Steve is still on the train service with the Railroad. He works weird hours and we don';t see each other very much during the week. I go to work early, just as he is getting home. But we make up for it on the weekends!!
That updates my family a little bit.. Maybe I can be a little better, so I don;t have to write such long stories. I have fun stuff going on in my life, including finishing up the Vampire books!! What fun. If I am lucky, I can download some pictures from my camera and post them. Happy blogging and watch for me to do more catching up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And is she ever a doll baby!!! None cuter! And so smart and upbeat!!! I'd like to clone her! Glad to see you defibrulated (sp.) your blog!! Stand clear!!
Post a Comment